Thursday, March 27, 2008

Books I want you to read:

(minorly copycatting Rae)

The Memory Keeper's Daughter Ok, I didn't LOVE it, but I liked it a lot. It dragged a bit, but I really loved the ending.

The Remains of the Day Me + This Book = LOVE. I resisted reading it for a long time, and finally bought it because I was at a bookstore in Germany with limited English selection. Soooo good.

Water For Elephants So very sad. Very, very sad. But also fascinating in the way that all books about Depression-era circus folk must be (are there others? If so, please tell me, I'd like to read them).

Promise Not To Tell Just to clarify, I lovd 90% of this book. It's a very fast read, it's very mindless, but it's really enthralling. The ending is lame as hell, but it's still worth it.

Now tell me your favorite books. All two of you who are reading, heh.

6 comments:

Rae said...

The History of Love --- hence the Xmas gift.
My Sister's Keeper ---- Damn good Jodi Piccoult..who I don't always like....the stuff about the brother I didn't really like though

Kelly said...

I just finished The Ivy Briefs, and liked it a lot.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

My Sister's Keeper has been on my list for awhile.

I plan on starting the History of Love this weekend:)

And I hadn't heard of the Ivy Briefs before, I'll have to check it out at Amazon.

Kelly said...

It's a memoir of going through law school in the Ivy League (Columbia) - the author is hysterical, and I imagine that a lot of the stress (studying, exams, etc.) will be similar to you going through getting your master's and make you laugh :)

Kelly said...

Oh, and also, I really, really like Breakfast with Tiffany by Ed Wintle. Definitely check that one out.

Actually, you know what? I am more than happy to send my copies to you for you to borrow - it wouldn't be expensive at all. Let me know if you would like me to do that :)

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

I actually read Breakfast with Tiffany! I completely forgot about that book. I used to own it, I wonder what happened to it.

After I finish the History of Love, I might take you up on Ivy Briefs, I'll let you know.

And Rae, so far the History of Love is one of the saddest books I've ever read. More sad than Water for Elephants, which is saying something.