Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Neil Diamond

Do NOT try to tell me you don't love Neil Diamond.

You totally do.

Yes, you do.

You can try as hard as you want to be pretentious about it, and talk about how you ony like REAL musicians, like local artists who aren't MAINSTREAM enough to be signed by a major label, or how you only listen to Bjork because she speaks to your soul, but the truth is, you sing along to "Solitary Man" when you're alone in the car.

I will grant you that there are two basic types of people. There are people who love Neil Diamond the most (like me), and people who like Barry Manilow the most (and you really haven't lived until you've been to see Barry with Rachel). But we ALL like both of them.

Stop denying it. Roll down the windows and sing along to Cracklin' Rosie (and listen to the words! It's dirty!)

1 comment:

Rae said...

Damn that was a good time! I do love my Barry.