Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And the universe said,

"Go pound sand." And we were left with no choice but to pound sand.

Let's see...

1- we already sold at a ridiculously low price. Buyers market and all (ha). Now it turns out we'll also be replacing the entire furnace, the special assessment for the atrium that has been discussed the entire time I've lived here will be passed several days to a week before our closing, leaving us holding the bag, and the deal might fall through anyway because the buyers expect us to replace an entire brick wall and replaster the whole ceiling.

2- we ended up spending $20,000 more than our original best and final on the stupid house we chose because we can't find another house that works. And for the record, this house only works after approximately $30-40,000 worth of work. That's the best we could do. Those buyers are already trying to list exclusions. Our inspection is tomorrow, I'm sure they'll refuse every single repair and we'll have to decide what to do then.

3- I am having serious, profound irritation with a work situation and I'm just going to leave it at that because A) not gonna discuss details of work and B) anyone who doesn't work in health care will think I'm evil and deserve everything the universe is throwing at me. I get it, it's hard to understand that sympathy only goes so far for people until you have to deal with them day in and day out, so I'm not even going to try to explain.

I'm just beyond fed up and that's just the way it is and the way it's probably going to be for awhile.

No comments: