Friday, October 3, 2008

I would've waited.

I was almost to work today when I happened to glance at my gas gauge and notice I had, um, no gas at all. Bah. I had already driven past the Really Expensive Shell station, and traffic was terrible, so I decided to go to the I'm Gonna Need a Loan For This Mobil station. It was actually only two cents more per gallon, which is a small miracle.

I pulled up to the pump and went to swipe my card, when I noticed that all the pumps were turned off and the gas station was closed. I contemplated going after work, but I was early enough, so I went back to the Shell station and filled up. Having a near-empty gas tank stresses me out beyond all reason. Like, if I DO run out of gas on Lincoln Avenue, there will be no one to help me? Or one of the really shady people who hang out in Lincoln Park will rob me at gunpoint in broad daylight during rush hour? I don't know. Anyway, I got my gas and went on to work.

On my way home this evening, I passed the same Shell station. The gas was eighteen cents cheaper a gallon.

You go to hell, Shell station. You go to hell and you die.

No comments: