Sunday, January 11, 2009

I wanted a girl.

Ok? There. I said it.

Of COURSE I wanted a healthy baby, DUH. And I wouldn't have been sad if I had a boy, I was just extra happy that I had a girl.

Saying that out loud is sort of like admitting to being a Republican, or that you don't like NPR. It's okay to say you want a boy, but saying you want a girl is just not cool. Well, I wanted a girl.

I didn't have a specific kind of girl in mind, for the record. I wasn't dreaming of a frilly Laura Ashley baby, a ballerina or a Barbie-lover. If that makes her happy, then great, but I'd be just as happy with a tomboy. I'm not really sure what it is about having a girl that appealled to me so much, in fact, I've been racking my brain trying to think of it and I'm still not sure. All I know is, I'm really glad I had one.



And now that she seems to be sleeping for more than twenty minutes at a stretch, we just might end up keeping her. The gypsies will be so disappointed.

No comments: