Monday, April 27, 2009

Nope, still hasn't happened

I thought for sure I would look back fondly on Gracie's newborn days. I was so positive I would remember it all wrong, and be so sad that she's such a big girl now.

oh, HELLS NO!!!!!

Turns out I remember exactly how hideously terrible it was. Maybe because I'm still so tired? I don't know. I mean, she's FUN now. She has a wicked temper, and she knows exactly what she wants and god help you if you stand in her way (or if she changes her mind before she gets it, which happens QUITE frequently!), she needs basically no sleep at all (really. it's not normal.), but she smiles and giggles and gets the most devious glimmer in her eyes, and she is so, so, so cool. Why on EARTH would I wish for her to be a floppy, screaming, impossible-to-please little bundle of raw nerves and unhappiness?

Even *I* remember some things.

(this post is pointless. I'm just too tired to get up and go to bed so I had to fill the time somehow.)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm with you, I don't miss the infant days either and Penny was an ok sleeper!

Next time I want to skip to 4 months.