Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My dad's take on Internet Message Boards

"Have you ever gone to the GardenWeb? It is a really cool garden forum with scads of topics. If you do good searches you can find really wise old gardeners happy to share info. But, then there are the dupas, lots of them and they really bug me. The worse always shows up like this: Someone asks a question like, "Is it easy to grow plant XYZ here in Greenland?" the dupa answers, "I have never grown plant XYZ but I really love to watch the guppies swim between the vallisneria." I would like to put poison electrons in their computers."

This has been making me smile all day.

2 comments:

diedendidit said...

A) I love that your dad wrote dupa not once, but twice.

B) I don't think I had enough conversation with your dad to realize you are so his child.

I laughed out loud.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Dupa is maybe one of the best words ever. Also, that is the biggest compliment you've ever given me.