Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kids Change Your Life.

You know those big cliches that people constantly cite, to the point that you just roll your eyes and turn off your ears as soon as you hear them? But then you actually experience them, and they don't feel like a cliche, they feel like the SMARTEST THING ANYONE SAID EVER?

Gracie went with her grandma today, leaving just Katie and me at home while Stephen slept after work. I missed her...but I was ready for the rest/break and one on one time with K-Mae.

I had big plans. Groceries, lunch, and a nap. Try not to be jealous.

Thanks to Target's new grocery section, we did our shopping at my favorite store on earth, complete with latte:) From there, I went to Taco Bell for lunch. And you just hush your mouth, because it is delicious and you just don't know, I don't even want to hear about it. I came home with lunch, fed Katie, fed myself, and checked out the TiVo. Sometimes my TiVo is pretty sure I have horrible taste in television and want to watch crap like Two and a Half men or the latest Patricia Heaton vehicle. But sometimes? My TiVo loves me and records kickass shows like Freaks and Geeks. ONLY the awesomest show ever. So while Katie napped on the boppy, I watched some awesome tv. And then I took a long-ass nap.

And all of that combined? Made the best day I've had in a really, insanely long time.

Three years ago, a day of Target, Taco Bell, and TiVo would not be noteworthy. It would probably be totally boring. Now? HEAVEN.

To be covered in our next installment of "understand the cliche": the intense guilt you feel as a mother when you describe your perfect day which involves a prolonged break from your firstborn child.

4 comments:

Rae said...

You described a day in which you could recharge yourself a little, that's all. The less me time we get, the more important it is.

Max's Mommy said...

You know, G's had more than 2 years of one-on-one mommy time. She gets to go have fun, and K-Mae gets her turn. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

Enjoy your day.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

EXCELLENT point, Heather!

now I will strictly focus on the awesomeness of bean burritos and Freaks and Geeks.

it really was an awesome day. Seriously.

change your life said...

Wow!!! Great topic you chose for kids....