Thursday, April 5, 2012

Laziness Never Pays.

Every once in awhile, I get sick of blogging. It just becomes a chore, and I wonder why I'm doing it. It's just one more task on an endless list of responsibilities. But then I start reading through my archives and I'm reminded of something funny or sweet that I completely forgot about, and think, oh FINE I'LL KEEP BLOGGING. And after I lost my goddamn muthaloving iPhone earlier this week, I was reminded AGAIN that I need to keep blogging because I am not a reliable recorder of memories otherwise.

Because, see, I not only failed to set up iCloud (which took all of three seconds with the new phone, which I KNEW IT WOULD, by the way), it had been ages since I uploaded pics from the phone. So the pictures of Katie climbing into Gracie's frog potty? Gone. The videos of Katie and Gracie playing in the tub together and laughing hysterically? ...well, actually, I still have one, but I lost the BETTER one. The pictures of Gracie dyeing Easter eggs in the kitchen? NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.

Luckily, my parents are not as flaky as me.


To me, the suckiest thing about the lost phone is the lost pictures.  The rest, meh, I'll figure it out.  But the pictures....ohhhh, that hurts.  So FINE.  I'll keep BLOGGING, even when it feels like a freaking chore, because it's one more place to come back and think, awwww, yeah, Katie WAS a total photobomber!!

3 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

LOVE that photobomb!

Kristen said...

I have the *same exact feeling*

It is so easy to blow it off until I catch a glimpse of my printed out yearbook from times gone by that I get all nostalgic and I realize I want these memories. So I get back to it.

Anonymous said...

I found myself saddened by the fact that it's been so long since you haven't blogged in so long! :(