Sunday, November 8, 2009

Eleven?!


Yikes. My baby is only one month away from being a whole year old.

I remember this day like it was yesterday:



There was nothing really special or outstanding about that day, it was just a really nice day, a little cool, nice breeze, and Gracie was happy to play in the yard. Well, no. There was sort of something special about that day- it was the first time I realized Gracie wasn't difficult anymore. She was playing on the blanket, without crying or arching or getting mad, and I realized she hadn't done any of that for awhile. You know how people talk about losing a lot of weight, but still thinking of themselves as heavy? It was kind of like that. It made the day that much sweeter.

I didn't really have any major epiphanies or anything today, we just had similarly nice weather, and a lot of fun playing outside again. It was the perfect way to spend the day, and get ready for her to go from being a baby to being a toddler (even if she'll always be my baby). (ew, Kathy, when did you get so cheesey?) (December 8, 2008, at 8:38am.)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Looking at these pictures, I think she's the one for Brendan. Can we arrange this now or is that out of vogue? Such a cutie pie!!! Oh, and in Ireland anyone 3 and under is considered an Infant. (and then they can start drinking at 16. That place really has a lot figured out. :o)