Saturday, July 2, 2011

It MOSTLY works, though

For the most part, this is going well.  It really is.

But there are still days that suck so very, very hard, that there is just flat-out no way I'm going to enjoy them.  There's not a chance in hell I"ll look back on them fondly, or wish I'd enjoyed them more. 

Today is one of those days.  Not even for any terribly interesting or unique reasons, just because my younger child has decided that mom can sleep when she's dead, but of course, that means my youngest child is not sleeping, and let's just say she's not going to win any personality contests right about now (though she could TOTALLY win a screaming contest) and I am exhausted and worn down and I've just had it.

I'm really completely cool with wishing today away.  I just wish it, you know, worked.

2 comments:

Rae said...

That's what dinner with your best friends is for. Can't wait to see you.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

YES. That is totally totally totally what it is for.

that is why Katie is upstairs sleeping in her bed instead of waiting on the front porch for the gypsies to pick her up.