Thursday, March 20, 2008

my bad.

The only possible explanation I can come up with for the entire world's assholish behavior when I was out today is that I accidentally wore my invisibility cloak when I left the house. How else can you explain the fact that everywhere I went, people did that THING where they walk right in front of you and then screech to a halt, as if you were never there? You know, the pedestrian equivalent of cutting someone off on the expressway and then slamming on the brakes, except infinitely more aggravating somehow? Seriously.

I'm not exactly a creeping kid. I'm kind of hard to miss.

I didn't do myself any favors, either. I went to DSW. All the other Sasquatches in America were sitting a home, comfortably in their Steve Maddens, shaking their heads and saying, "You cheap dumbass, why would you ever shop there? Do you REALLY think the shoe people ever make more than one size 10 shoe in any given style?" So yeah, I'll take the hit for that one. The rest, though? Is because people suck.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Do you ever try zappos for shoes? You don't get to touch them up close and personal....and that whole immediatacy thing is lost...but good selection.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

I tried Gotham Shoes Online, and the shoes were too big. It was really weird, because it was a brand I'd bought before, and they were perfectly true to size, but this pair was so big they were literally falling off my feet. So now I'm all paranoid about it, because it's such a pain to return them, but I guess I should probably try again.