Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Me Importa

Since I don't want to get dooced, all I'm gonna say is that today tested me. And also my prefrontal cortex, which was required to light up and scream "Stop it stop it stop it DO NOT ACTUALLY SAY THAT OUT LOUD" more times than I can count. My point? I pulled into the garage, pissed off and frazzled and just totally spent.

As I walked to the house, muttering to myself, I heard a loud banging. I looked up at the kitchen window, and saw a tiny form, bouncing up and down. Gracie. Looking like she was on a trampoline, she was so excited. Waving both hands. Running over to the back door. Knocking on the window and waving at me.

You know what, work? You pay the bills. But you don't matter. Not even a little bit.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow, I love that little munchkin!!!