Saturday, September 3, 2011

Oh, just pee on the floor. See if I care.

Sooooo, I decided I needed to stop being so damn lazy/chicken and re-attempt potty training.  Grace is 100% reliable when she's nekkid, has started asking to be changed the second she's dirty, and frequently informs me when she pees (this last one is my favorite.  The other day we were lying in her bed looking at books and she SO nonchalantly said, without looking away from the page, "I pee in da bed.")

We started today.  She peed in the potty exactly twice- both when she was immediately out of the shower/tub.  The times when she would've peed there anyway.  She went all over the floor, all day long.

Oddly, she managed to drop the Browns off at the Superbowl twice.  The first time, I flushed it for her, and OH MY GOD STUPID.  This potty training business is just a big fat load of TMI, but omg, I stood there in a compete panic for a second, trying to figure out how to undo what I'd just done.

So anyway. We'll give it another day.  If it's as bad as today, we'll have to talk about quitting again, because I really don't know how long we can last at this.

Oh, but guess what she seems to be nearly ready to do?  Give up naps.  OF COURSE SHE IS.

Woe.

5 comments:

Donna said...

If it makes you feel any better, Liam and Brendan were both ready, willing and able the day they turned two...and then quickly became uninterested and didn't become re-interested until they were three. Also, that's hysterical how Gracie narrated her experience in the bed. So cute. We found the movie Elmo's Potty Time helped, and it has a really catchy number in a toilet paper factory so Rae and Robbin should totally get it too. :o)

Max's Mommy said...

Gah - potty training sucks.

Megan Elise said...

Props to you for avoiding unnecessary drives to craziness. We had a lot of months after those days because I incorrectly thought going to the potty while running around naked meant potty training would be a breeze. And, also, this refusing naps blows.

rebekah said...

we were late in the potty training game, but really, when we tried earlier it was like you said. peeing on the floor constantly, and only when naked making the potty. We always tried 3 days in a row to see if things clicked, and eventually, one time, they did. Then we continued. I detest potty training. I am NOT looking forward to doing it again in a few years.

Megan M said...

I am ALL about letting my daycare do most of the work...they did it for the girls...I am hoping they will do as good of a job with Austin now that he is two...