Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm Not Above Bribery

So I'm just gonna cut to the chase here: Grace totally refuses to pee anywhere other than home/Grammy's house/Grandma and Pop-Pop's house.  ONE TIME, we went out to dinner and she peed three times on the potty.  Then someone came in and went in the next stall and she damn near lost her mind.  When the person started making noise, she shrieked, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!"  And there has been no public bathroom utilization since. 

Not for lack of trying.  Ohhhh, I have tried.  And you know what?  She's tried too.  Her teacher at the Y said that, at the second class, Grace told her she had to go potty.  They got to the bathroom and Grace looked around and said, "There's no frog (frog potty)!!" and refused to go.  We've made it to the bathroom at Target multiple times, only to have her completely freak and refuse to go- and I can't blame her, since the last time we were there, someone started using the hand dryer and oh my GOD, it sounded like a 747 was taking off in the bathroom.

So I've changed gears.  My new goal is to have her hold it til we can get home.  Sometimes, I will offer incentives to achieve this. 

Whatever it takes, people.  Whatever it takes. 

If only I could bribe Katie to sleep, I'd be golden.  Particularly since she seems to alternate between waking three times a night and waking for the day at ungodly times.  She has been known to sleep until 6 or 7, waking only once, but that only happens when she forgets to wake up.  And she's too little for popcorn, so I am stumped here.

No comments: