Monday, June 11, 2012

Three and a Half

For three years, I believed that nothing could be harder than the first six months of Gracie's life. 

Yeah.  Not anymore. 

I would relive the first six months of her life for three years straight if it would erase all the drama of the last six months.  Because that crap sucked.

In the middle of it all, though, have been some bright spots.  Gracie's turned into a total chatterbox, with a running commentary on just about everything.  She loves to read books to us, which is usually generally hilarious.  She's started acting out elaborate scenarios, complete with elaborate instructions for everyone else playing.

There were monsters in the backyard.  Obviously.

 She's become quite the dancer....her moves are, um, about as good as they've ever been, but she actually seems to have fun with it now.  Her favorite stage is the loading dock outside the Y, which she and her BFF are actually convinced IS a stage for their dancing show.

During a brief solo

  The other day, she dribbled a ball all the way from the front door to the back of the kitchen-the length of the house- and announced, "Mama, I'm a GOOD soccer player." 

I don't have any pictures of her playing soccer.

Her favorite activity is still making a huge mess.  I don't see that changing anytime soon.




The last six months have sucked a lot, and I'm glad to put them behind us.  Hopefully the next six will stick to make-believe, dancing, and messes.



2 comments:

Max's Mommy said...

I love, love, LOVE the fairy wings picture!!

You guys have been through a tough year. I truely hope you don't have to deal with that nonsense anymore.

She is stunning, by the way.

Megan M said...

Love this....

We go to Make a Messterpiece at least once a week....thank goodness for memberships....I love that place and that the mess doesn't have to be done at my house...