Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Baby Stuff

1- We absolutely cannot find a rug for the nursery. Everything is either the size of a doormat or totally ugly. there was one at Pottery Barn that we both liked, but it was backordered until January. We may just go rug-less in that room until then, because I am coming up totally empty. The problem is, the floor is so thoroughly disgusting in that room, I'm not sure I can stand it. Also, why do people want doormat-sized rugs for their baby's rooms? Yet another thing I do not understand.

2- I had a dream last night that I had the baby. Usually when I dream this, it's really weird and messed up- like the time Shnee had to tell me I'd had a c-section, because I didn't know myself, or I'll dream that I have two babies and one cat, or something like that. Last night, though, it was just a normal dream. I had a girl, she came out in, like, four pushes, and she was delivered by one of the doctors in the practice that I really like. it was just really, really nice. Then I woke up and I was still pregnant. And that sucked.

3- Several non-baby items: Our basement is too shallow for a treadmill. This blows beyond description, especially because we live in the middle of the goddamn Arctic Circle, or so it would seem, based on the recent horrible weather (but to make this baby related- everyone told me I'd be hot all the time when I was pregnant and I have had no such experience. LIARS.) I neeeed to run, I am stiff and crabby and sluggish and I'm going to lose my mind. I must find a solution to this problem. Maybe I'll just buy a helmet and then I won't care when I continuously smack my head on the rafters. Also, totally unrelated, did you know that Dean Richards from the WGN News did the voiceover for the Victory Auto Wreckers commercial? I don't know how I missed that, we watch the WGN news every single morning and I never made the connection.

3 comments:

Donna said...

1. Wow - Dean Richards!?!? I had no idea! That is so cool and weird that I never recognized that.
2. Our basement is also too shallow so we positioned the elliptical so my head bobs up in between the rafters. I thought it would be totally claustrophobic but it's not bad. Could you rig up something like that?
3. I hope she comes out in 4 pushes!!!

Rae said...

Oddly enough, I had a dream last night about being pregnant. I was in a lamaze class with someone who wasn't Robbin because Robbin couldn't be there & I kept telling him to make sure I get the drugs.

That's too bad about the treadmill!

Can you set up in the upstairs office until another solution is available?

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

It would work for an elliptical but not a treadmill, to bounce between the rafters, because you have a little bit of side-to-side drift when you run (or, I do, anyway). Ditto the upstairs office, which is where we will probably put the stupid elliptical that I have to settle for. The floors are just too rickety for a treadmill, I think. it would make me nervous, anyway. It's such a stupid little thing, but I am so frustrated and disappointed about it:( All I want is a stupid treadmill!!! really, I think it's one of those "straw that broke the camel's back" things, given all the stuff we still need in the house and either don't have or haven't figured out yet.