Monday, November 17, 2008

Weight Suit

For the last few months, I used the elliptical in the building's gym, because running was a little uncoomfortable. Plus, it got cold awfully fast and I hate the treadmill, and the elliptical isn't so bad, because I can watch tv on my iPod. Now that I don't have a full gym in my basement, I decided it was time to start running again.

You know how, on the Biggest Loser, when they're about halfway thru the season and they make them wear those weight suits that bring their weight back up to their original weight? To show them how hard they were working when they weighed more? Yeah, it felt a lot like that. It turns out you're pretty weightless on the elliptical, and in addition to the fact that it was freeeezing cold, I was not used to all the extra weight on my body. I am not sure why, because I've not gained an inordinate amount of weight, and besides that, it's only been a few months, if that, so it's REALLY not that much weight, but oh my god I felt like I was pulling a truck behind me. It felt good when I was done, though. Except for the part where it was still really cold. My GOD do I hate winter.

Speaking tangentially about the baby, do you know what irritates me and makes me laugh all at the same time? When I tell people we didn't find out the sex of the baby, and they say, "Oh, I would HAVE to find out. I like to plan." Plan? What is this planning of which you speak? We are just going to let the baby come out and then wing it. I wish someone had told me I could find out the sex of the baby so I could buy furniture and diapers and learn about babies. I mean, whatever, I really don't care what anyone else does, and I'm really shocked by how contentious the topic is (seriously, check out any babycenter message board, people get HEATED about who's "right", it is totally ridiculous), when it's obviously just a matter of personal preference. But for whatever reason, the whole "planning" thing really ticks me off. Maybe I'm missing something, and if I don't get my fetus signed up for either ballet or football, they'll NEVER get in.

Anyway. The baby is now big enough that I can feel both feet thru my stomach. I discovered this yesterday. Before, I could only feel one at a time, and it was only when the baby was stretching, but now I can feel the butt and both feet whenever I feel like it. It's really weird. But cool.

We're going to Sabatino's for dinner tonight. Why? It's our first anniversary. Crazy, right? It was waaay warmer one year ago today. Not balmy or anything, but definitely warmer.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Happy anniversary to you both! :o)