Sunday, October 11, 2009

Marathon



I always say my friend Katie convinced me to run the marathon. That's mostly true, but not 100%. I was out running when I was about four or five months pregnant, and as motivation, thinking about running the marathon. I thought it would be so, so cool to bring my daughter (and at that point, I was sure she was a girl) down to the marathon to watch her mommy run.

I want her to know that when you work hard, you can do things you never thought you were capable of doing. I want her to know that, just when you think you're done, you can dig deep instead of giving up. Most of all, I want her to know that hard and sometimes unpleasant things are really, really worth doing.

4 comments:

Donna said...

That is SUCH an awesome picture!!

Kristen said...

You are fabulous and such a wonderful role model for that little girl. You worked so hard for this - congratulations!

Max's Mommy said...

Congratulations!! I am so proud of you!!

Laura said...

so sweet!