Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Always SOMETHING.

Tomorrow is Segundo's follow-up echo. I'm excited to peek at him/her again, but I also kind of know we don't really need another echo. The arrhythmia resolved two weeks ago, and was still not present when I went for my regular visit wednesday. Rhythm was still perfect, with not one single skipped beat, 150-155. "Happy baby," murmured the doctor who delivered G. (She actually did murmur, btw. It was kind of creepy.)

While we are there for the echo. we will ALSO be getting a growth ultrasound. Because, it turns out, *I* gained three pounds in the last two weeks (*&^!!!!), but Segundo is measuring behind. My friend pointed out this is just further proof it's a boy- only a boy would make you gain all that weight and stay skinny himself. Seriously. Were truer words ever spoken? It's like that commercial for that stupid dietary supplement where the animated woman talks about her husband giving up soda and losing fifty pounds, and how she gave up soda and lost nothing (and then pours her water in the dog's dish and the dog gets all skinny when he drinks it. too bad it's for such a stupid product, or I would totally buy it to support clever advertising.)

I'm genuinely not worried. I have been absolutely terrible about drinking water with this baby, because I hate drinking water, because it is disgusting and also then I have to pee every three seconds, and that is really annoying. On top of that, I was coming down with a cold at my last visit (which has now FIRMLY taken hold), which will dehydrate you a little bit. So really, I think I was a bit dehydrated and Segundo's amniotic fluid was a bit low. (mother of the year!) Obviously, any time they say they want to double-check something, it worries me, and I wish they didn't have to do it, but mostly, I've kept my imagination in check. I've been drinking water like it's my job, Segundo's been dancing the tango...I don't want to say everything is fine, because god knows that is the fastest way to make something really bad happen, but, well, like I said, I'm keeping my imagination in check.

But let me tell you this: if I gain all this weight, only to crank out a six pound baby in March, I will be DEEPLY PISSED OFF.

2 comments:

SPOT said...

Hope it went well! I must say...out of the three...I gained the most with Austin...a whole 12 pounds...but still more than the others!

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

oh Megan. I passed that up, I dunno, sometime around 16 weeks.

and it went very well, thanks for asking:) we don't have the official read on the growth us, but the computed measurements were all good, and the echo was perfect:)