Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Looking on the bright side...

As frustrated as we are by the lack of a buyer for the condo, I did not mind our lack of a house one bit this weekend. I really never have any interest in bailing out my basement, but in my current state, I'm pretty sure I would've had a nervous breakdown. Flooded basements are no fun.

Speaking of not selling our condo, we're going to be on HGTV! We were chosen as one of the alternatives on House Hunters. Exciting, no? I am sure I can say that, as I have the agreement for the show and it says nothing about keeping quiet about it. It's going to be a giant pain in the butt, because we have to have the place SPOTLESS, obviously, plus we have to get Sam out of the house for the duration of the filming. We almost didn't do it. Then we found out it's only a few hours of filming, they changed the scheduled filming date to a thursday, so I'll be off work, and we don't have to relocate the cats during filming. Honestly, it still kind of seems like a pain, but it's also free advertising, and if we didn't do it, I'd feel like we were letting a big opportunity go by. Now we can add to our listing comments "as seen on HGTV!" Wouldn't YOU want to buy our house after you read that?! Oh, but that is a silly question, because if you're reading this, you're smart enough to know you would've bought our place without that, so awesome is our condo.

1 comment:

Donna said...

OHMYGOD That Is The Coolest Thing EVER!!! EVER in the whole world!!!!! I cannot wait to see it!!! I don't have cable so you need to tell me way in advance when it will be showing or better yet have a Our House Is On HGTV party!!! Yay! Super cool! This is why the condo hasn't sold yet. It just wanted to be on tv. It is such a drama freak!!! Yay!