Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Cabbage Patch

One of the things that makes me sad about my hospital moving downtown is...kinda lame. 

See, because, here's the thing: getting off the expressway, driving the route to the new hospital, is also the way to my doctor's office and the hospital where the girls were born.  And right now?  When I drive that way, I feel buzzy and happy and content and wistful and a million other things.  It is the most Proustian route in the whole wide world.  But soon?  It will just be the way I drive to work.  And because I am a big fat sap, that makes me sad.

And being down there today, just days before Katie's first birthday...a big fat sap like me spent almost as much time staring out the window at the building next door as I did looking around my  new stomping grounds.

And I'll get used to the view, and it won't be the same, and you know, the less sappy I am in general, THE BETTER, but today, it's weird, I kept getting stuff in my eyes...

JUST KIDDING I WAS TOTALLY TEARING UP BECAUSE I AM THAT SMURFY.

1 comment:

Megan M said...

maybe it just means it's time for #3.....