Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cree. PEE.

Remember this?

I had actually  mostly put it out of my mind.  Until last night, that is.

I was sitting on the couch, minding my own business, watching the last Harry Potter movie, feeling a bit unsettled because I am a huge weenie and it is not difficult to make me feel unsettled.  Eating pretzels.  Thinking about how I should go to bed soon.  Gracie called out to me.  It was about 8:30.  This is not unusual.  We need to eliminate her nap and until we do, this will most likely keep happening.  I prefer going into her room multiple times before bed over giving up her nap, though, so I won't be doing that anytime soon.  ANYWAY.  I went in her room, where she very calmly said to me, "Mama.  I was trying to fall asleep, and someone came in my room."

I'll just let that sink in a minute.

And another minute.

OMG I KNOW, RIGHT?????

In the interest of full disclosure, before she said that, she told me she was trying to fall asleep and a bee flew in her ear, which freaked me out and made me think she'd had a seizure, so I told her to repeat what she'd just said, and that is when she told me someone came in her room.

Previous owner.  I am TELLING you.

Someone told me today to burn rosemary and sage in the house, because it will banish spirits, but she wasn't sure if it would banish ALL spirits, or just evil ones.  And I don't want to banish all spirits, because I have some other people I'd like to keep around.  And heck, if it's the previous owner and she's trying to HELP and not trying to be MEAN, then I guess she can stay too.  So I have asked someone who I think will know and I am waiting to hear back from her.  I'm sure y'all are waiting with baited breath to hear what she has to say.

It all reminds me of the best true-life ghost story I have, the one about our next-door neighbors when I was growing up.  They had three kids, with a daughter in the middle.  When the daughter was maybe four or five, the mom woke up in the middle of the night because she'd had a dream there was a lady standing in her closet and it freaked her out.  As she was trying to get back to sleep, she heard her daughter crying, and when she went into her room to see what was wrong, her daughter told her, "I looked in your room and I saw a lady standing in your closet."

I leave you with that.  Nighty night.

2 comments:

Torrey said...

Thanks a lot. Now I'm spooked.

diedendidit said...

I have always remembered the lady in the closet story. Always. And, it still freaks the heck out of me like it did a bazillion years ago in your living room. Sounds like it turns out we don't have to drive to Resurrection Cemetery for more spooky, though.