Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Digging to China

So, my little chickpea seems to be conflicted.

On the one hand, s/he is really loving kicking me in the ribs and keeping me up all night and compressing my bladder to the size of a thimble.

On the other hand, s/he appears to have a strong desire to dig a very deep hole. Through my cervix. Or, barring that, my tailbone.

It is uncomfortable and scratchy and kind of creepy, to be honest. I'm still quite sure I'll still go to the doctor tomorrow and get another talk about post-date ultrasounds and nonstress tests and indcution, but it does make me hope that maybe the kid will make an appearance sometime before Christmas.

On a totally unrelated note, I am seriously hating the following:

-the weather. (duh.)
-those Luna commercials with the people singing Halleluna
-trying to think of Christmas gifts for people
-the way I keep waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and unable to sleep for hours on end
-the way I keep waking up in the middle of the night because Rosie is howling or scratching at the closet door or generally acting like a senile old fool
-that Beyonce song

No comments: