Friday, January 30, 2009

Best Not to Know

Wednesday night, after our Episode of Normalcy, Grace fell asleep in the swing (we do our best to only use the swing once a day. we choose dinnertime) around 6pm. At 8:30, it had been three hours since she ate, so I woke her up. The one consistent advice in all the different books is, if you let them sleep thru a feed cycle during the day, they won't sleep at night. I do think it's helped, waking her like that. Anyway. She would not wake up. Would NOT. I changed her diaper, tried to feed her...she was OUT. So, I put her in the crib. This, of course, woke her up. So I went back to trying to feed her. This repeated about three times, until she'd had probably half a feeding, and that time I got her down in the crib. It was a little before 10.

She slept until 2am. I'm not even kidding.

Stephen and I were so keyed up, we didn't fall asleep until after 11pm. Then we both woke up at 12:45, quite certain she was dead. We ran down the hall to her room, and found her sleeping peacefully. Of course, when she woke at 2am, she was awake for two hours, but then she went back down until 7, and then again until 8:30.

The same thing almost happened last night, but then I woke her up too much and she didn't go to bed until 11pm and then was up every 1.5 to 2 hours all night long. Awesome.

The problem with this is, now I know that A) it's possible for it to happen, and B) how GOOD it is. She's probably not going to do it again until she's 12 years old. I would rather not know how good it feels.

No comments: