Monday, January 26, 2009

Well, that's a fun trick.

The last few nights, Grace has been willing to sleep in four hour stretches again, but now? When she wakes up? She STAYS up. Last night she slept 11-3am, and then was up until 6am. I wish I were exaggerating. She just thinks it's the same as the rest of the day and it's time to play. I don't really know how to convince her otherwise.

A certain INTP Librarian did a lit search for me, and, in fact, babies born to mothers who run are usually calmer and better able to handle stimuli. So, it's just everything I've done SINCE she was born.

Awesome funness.

Now she's super pleasant this morning, happy and well-rested, and it's hard to look at her smiley, adorable, chubby face and not think I'm totally letting her down.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I don't think it's you at all. I think Grace is going to be an awesome person (with a real mind of her own) and some day you will tell her how she was not an easy baby and you will both laugh. And now that I think about it my oldest sister Mary Anne and Eric were both difficult newborns and they are two of the absolute most laid-back people I have ever met!
:o)