Tuesday, April 21, 2009

0Dark:30

Last night, Gracie did not eat well before she went to sleep. Sometimes she does that, she just gets so tired, I can't get her to eat well before bed and I know she'll wake up shortly after she falls asleep. Sure enough, she woke up ravenous at 9:30. She ate well and went back to sleep.

Then? She slept thru the night. Really!

Then? She woke up at 5:15. For the day.

I was in total denial. First, I stayed in bed, listening to her whine. Then I got up to feed her. When she kept popping off and cooing and smiling at me, I knew I was hosed. I tried putting her back down, which did not work (I mean, really, I don't know why I tried!). I put her crib aquarium on to buy myself ten minutes. That worked, but that was ten minutes. I finally gave in and started my day.

I'll have my revenge, though. She appears to have inherited my hair, and THAT is a gift that keeps on giving.

1 comment:

Max's Mommy said...

LOL at the revenge!!