Sunday, August 30, 2009

*sniff*

We were out and about today and I remembered I needed something from Target (although I have banned myself from shopping there, we really did need a new shower curtain and bathmat, so I made an exception, and I was VERY well-behaved while I was there, for the record). I didn't have the front carrier with me, so I decided it was time to just let her be a big girl and ride in the cart.

Oh my.

She was in HEAVEN. She kept looking up at me with total surprise and grinning from ear to ear. I almost ran over, um, every single person in Target, because I coudln't stop staring at her happy face. Everyone who walked past us commented on how happy she was.

Don't get me wrong, it was so cute and so much fun, but...I guess this means she's done with the front carrier:( For someone who reeeally didn't think baby-wearing would be for her, I was AWFULLY attached to it. Back when she hated the world, it was sometimes the only thing that would calm her down. It was so cozy! But lately, she's been a bit antsier in the carrier, scooting around and just not so happy. I knew we were getting to the end of the line with it, but I was kind of ignoring that fact. Can't really ignore it anymore. She was way too happy. (although, for the record, she's still too little to ride in the cart at Costco, so, you know, we can wean slowly.)

At one point, she gave me a big, fat, smile, and spontaneously threw her hands in the air. It was adorable, but also? OK KID, I get it. You are so big.

1 comment:

Donna said...

That is so cute! I love the big smile and Grace throwing her arms up in delight. A real milestone for her! Ah, half the time I cannot even bear to think of the times when Liam was a baby, I miss it so much. But then things get even more awesome as they learn to talk and can tell you they love you and call for you to come see what they're doing that they're so proud of and it just keeps getting better. And then when you really start to miss all the baby elements you have baby number two stroll into the picture and you're able to appreciate it all over again (and periodically wonder, "what was I thinking? How did I forget about this crazy part and let myself get mixed up in this again?") :o) hahaha