Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Happiest Day

You know how people always refer to their wedding day, or the day their kids were born, as the happiest day of their lives? I've done it too, and it makes sense, because those are really big, happy occasions.

...But, really? Weddings are stressful. There are always glitches, there's so much PRESSURE. And the days that my girls were born were happy days, but there's, um, a bit of discomfort involved with the whole process, too.

So to be accurate, I think the day when I felt the most overwhelming, unqualified, all-encompassing happiness was three years ago, today.

6 comments:

Max's Mommy said...

:)

BnE's Mommy said...

:) lol

Torrey said...

this made me go, awwwwwwwwww!

Eric said...

like!

Donna said...

ps. That was actually Donna who said "like!" I guess Eric was logged into his Google account. oops!

rebekah said...

and since I've now delurked...I love this post. I wish it was the same for me. It was the happiest moment on the most stressful day of my life. My husband's passport (with his visa) was stolen on the way to the airport for our big move. From the freakin' FOUR SEASONS! (company travel is usually sweet!) Also stolen: his $XX,000 camera, a necklace from our honeymoon, and our passport stamps from travels together. I'm OK with that though, because they included some stamps from travel with an ex gf. Oh, and a movado watch his parents bought him for college graduation.