Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Shower x2

Gracie had her first shower and went to her first shower today.

She refused to go down for a nap this morning, so I took her running with me. Since I'd spent so much time wrestling with her, I was really running late, so I took my stinky little reflux-covered baby in the shower with me. She was in HEAVEN. She kept leaning back into the spray and doing the same fast-gaspy thing she does in the wind, it was seriously adorable.

Then she came along to Rachel's awesome bridal shower, all dressed up (she even wore shoes! and didn't scream about it! ohhh, they are cute shoes) for the occasion. She mostly did very, very well. She got tired and frustrated at the end and I had to take her outside so she wouldn't ruin present-opening, but for the first two and a half hours, she really hung in there. I was so proud of her, especially since she had boycotted both morning naps.

Two totally unrelated points:

-her sleep has been ATROCIOUS this week. When we were getting ready for bed, I leaned over her and said, "You're never gonna sleep again, are you?", at which point she erupted into the biggest giggles I've heard to date. Not even kidding.

-we watched Friday Night Lights tonight (god bless you, tivo). Watching Coach and Principal Taylor try to deal with their teenage daughter after walking in on her in bed with her boyfriend? And watching their daughter's (totally realistic) bitchy response to them? Made me lean over G-Funk and make her SWEAR to go straight from 11 to 23 years old. It's only fair! ALL formerly colicky babies should just automatically skip adolescence. Those are the rules. Set up by me. Just now.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I'll agree to those rules. If I'm missing out on this much sleep now, I can only imagine the teenage years!