Friday, March 27, 2009

One Year Ago Today



It's funny how I never expected anything other than a positive result, and was totally stunned at the same time. I remember bursting out laughing three hours later, for no reason at all except that I couldn't believe it was actually happening. I waited for so long, thought so many times it wasn't going to happen, that the time would never be right. Then it all happened so fast.

A year later, after all the nausea, sciatica, and breathlesness, followed up by colic, reflux, and sleeplessness, I still sometimes think to myself, I have absolutely no right to be this lucky.

4 comments:

Heather said...

:)

Laura said...

Good Job Grace!

Donna said...

Yeah! Way to make an entrance, Gracie!!! That pregnancy test business is just amazing.

Mom of 2 boys said...

Oh Kathy ... we all deserve to be this lucky. What was our lives like before that positive test ... if you're like me it's hard to remember and we're not quite sure that we want to either!