Monday, March 30, 2009

Hairy Eyeball

Gracie was sooo not into sleeping friday night. I am not sure what got into her, but she was up and down all night. I am also not sure what got into me, because I kept putting her diapers on wrong and ending up with a crib full of pee. Perhaps the two are linked? I am a genius. ANYWAY- at 6am, I finally gave up. I was exhausted, she was wide awake, I brought her in our bed.

I reeeally dont' want to start a co-sleeping habit. She has enough sleep problems and bad habits, I don't want one more. If it worked, though? I'd do it every night. I looove having her in our bed, especially now that I'm back at work. It's so snuggly and warm and lovey. When she's not screaming, that is, and that's pretty rare because G-Funk haaates our bed. Saturday morning, though, I got her to nurse to sleep (woohoo, TWO bad habits!) and let me sleep a bit longer. Less than an hour later, I heard her moving around and opened my eyes. Child was wide awake, STARING me in the face. I know I should think it was sweet, but trust me, small baby, watching you sleep? CREEPY!

Also, I had put her diaper on all sideways and she'd peed all over me, so I woke up covered in baby pee. This was the universe telling me I'm not cut out for co-sleeping, I'm pretty sure.

3 comments:

Heather said...

OOH no sleeping AND baby pee. You win!

Jessica said...

Oh man, that's rough!

Casey said...

I am at a loss for words. Wow, Baby G, you outdid yourself!