Tuesday, March 31, 2009

1.21 Jigawatts!!!

Good Lord.

Gracie woke up every two hours, all night long last night. Every time she started hollering, I looked at the clock in disbelief. SURELY my baby was not sleeping THAT badly! Admittedly, every other December baby has slept a longer stretch than she has, but it's rare for her to wake more than twice a night anymore. She hasn't done every two hours since February.

I think I accidentally time-travelled back to that stage (and it would HAVE to be an accident because oh my god you could not pay me to do that voluntarily). That would explain it. Now I just need to figure out when lightning is going to strike so I can harness the necessary energy to return to semi-acceptable sleeping habits.

Or steal some plutonium from the Libyans.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Your use of allusion is divine,a dn again I must say that it has been my experience that children simply ADORE to throw curve balls at you to prevent you from ever being able to predict what they will do. Sure, they lull you into a false sense of understanding, but just when you get a firm grasp on their "routine," BAM, curveball right to your face. And again, I must say that they are very cute about it, so that you continue to fall into their traps. At least as far as I can tell. :o)

Kristen said...

I keep telling myself it is the 3 month growth spurt. It has to be. Maybe Grace could call Nate and they could talk while we get some extra ZZZZZ's