Friday, May 8, 2009

Cinco de Gracie


Someone is five months old today! I can't believe it.

Even though I really thought I'd wait until six months to start solids, we started right at 4.5 months. I had two reasons for this- I really thought she was ready, for a variety of reasons, and I was impatient. What? Some reasons are better than others. Anyway, she LOVES her oats and is learning to love sweet potatoes. Actually, she really already loves them, she just still gets weirded out wehn she first tastes them and has to remember she likes them. We're also starting to introduce a cup, which she loves, but spends lots of time dumping in her lap.



Sleep...yeah. She still never, ever sleeps. Ever. Ok, SOMETIMES she sleeps. Just not, you know, through the night, and not at all after, say 5am. Now that she's figured out this trick, she's either going to never sleep again, or I just hit the jackpot with self-soothing. I'm just choosing to believe option B, even though we have yet to hit option B in the last five months...I'm trying to be an optimist.

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

Yay G!!!!

Jill said...

that looks like a most awesome bib she's wearing...

Laura said...

Happy 5 months Gracie!

btw- we bought the same cup - well, with Abigail on it. I never thought I'd be the mom who fell for things with names on them - but, hey, we needed a cup, right? Very cute.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Jill- I tried to get a better picture of it but she kept eating it!

Laura- my SIL got it for us for Christmas. I love it! It has a valve, though, and she can't figure it out yet, so we just gave it to her without the top.

diedendidit said...

Oats and sweet taters. That's a girl after my own heart.