Tuesday, May 26, 2009

crap.

G has clearly elected 6pm as her new bedtime. This has been in the works, but was firmly established this weekend.

On the one hand, yippee. She FINALLY has a bedtime. It's early enough that when Stephen and I both have the day (night) off, we can put her to bed and THEN go out, which will be nice.

On the other hand: pardon my french, but fuck. I work until 7pm, get home around 7:30. Three nights a week, I won't be putting her to bed.

I really, really, really hate that.

Mind you, she kept herself up late on sunday when we were out to dinner, and it's *possible* she'll try to keep herself up on nights when I work, and go straight to bed when I get home, but that's not the best thing for her, either. See, this is just one more reason why she should sleep until 8am. that way, she'd be just fine staying awake until 8pm, and I could put her to bed every night, without any stress.

blaaaah. I have only missed putting her to bed once since was born, the night of Rachel's wedding, and she courteously woke up shortly after we got home.

I need to start buying lottery tickets. This working stuff is for the birds.

2 comments:

Donna said...

I am with you on that not working business, Sister! But yay for the bedtime. That is so huge. !Muy fantastico!

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

yeah...now I'm not so sure! we had another bad night last night, and I'm noticing they correlate with that super-early bedtime. I think, because her naps are soooo short, she might need a fourth (!!) nap around 5pm and a 7ish bedtime. I think. I am not sure.