Monday, May 23, 2011

An Example of My Personal Growth

Today at work (*sob*), I went to the coffee shop with a gift card for my daily decaf. Because our coffee shop is a little archaic, they deduct from the card (which is actually just a square of paper, by the way) by writing the new total on the back.

Today, I had $2.29 left on my card, and my coffee was $1.99.

I handed my card to the coffee lady, who sighed heavily (as is her way) and pulled out a calculator.

And although I desperately wanted to, I did not smirk at her and say, "It's thirty cents." I just waited patiently for her to punch the numbers into the calculator.

See, it's true, having kids CHANGES a person.

2 comments:

Max's Mommy said...

You are a nice girl. :)

Sarah said...

I think I would have given her the attitude...but then again, I only have one child, so...maybe it's the second one that really makes you a good person. :) Here's hoping...