Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How Old Is Your Little Guy??




The man asked, when she was wearing the outfit pictured here.

Three months, I told him, without correcting him.

He called his wife over and they started telling me about their grandchildren. I was cornered, between the pears and the grapefruit,so even though Grace was getting antsy, I listened to him tell me how he got ripped off at the Brookfield Zoo. His wife eventually asked, "what's his name?"

"Katie," I smiled and said.

And the best part wasn't saying it, it was watching the woman smack her husband and say, "She's wearing pink!!!" As if she hadn't been standing there talking to me and staring at Katie's pink outfit the whole time. And he just took it and laughed.

THAT is a strong marriage.

7 comments:

BnE's Mommy said...

LMBO!!!!

Donna said...

He's such a cutie pie. He should hang out with my daughter and twins.

Max's Mommy said...

Hee. That's hilarious.

Rae said...

At first I thought, a lot of guys are colorblind.... Then I read on. Hilarious.

Torrey said...

One time when Ellie was wearing pink I had someone ask me "niño o niña?"

It was special.

rebekah said...

in HK boys still wear a lot of pink. but H's ears are pierced and she almost always wore something extremely girly, not just pink. Still, everyone thought she was a he. The whole being bald til age 2 thing didn't help.

Timmy Tim Tim said...

awesome