Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Perspective

Train of thought when I was 35 weeks pregnant with Grace:

I can't sleep. I can't breathe. I can barely walk up the stairs without feeling like I'm gonna have a heart attack. I am insane with rage all the time. I want this baby OUT OF ME NOOOOOOOOOW.

Train of thought at 35 weeks with Segundo:

I can't sleep. I can't breathe. I can barely walk up the stairs without feeling likee I'm gonna have a heart attack. I am insane with rage a lot of the time (though not always.) but please dear God in heaven, let this baby stay inside and cook for as long as possible because I DO KNOW that it is only going to get worse.



confidential to sleep: I don't know why you keep leaving me when I'm so good to you, but I can't stay mad at you. I'll see you again in a year. I HOPE. love you, baby.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Kathy, you are soooo funny, and I LOVE this new picture and all the deep meanings that be read into it. Love it! Also, Grace is so adorable.

It is going to get worse, but also in many ways a lot easier. Nowadays, after breakfast, Liam and Brendan go play in the basement together for an hour or more. So you have that to look forward to when Segundo is no longer an infant.