Thursday, February 19, 2009

Aw, come ON!!!!

So I've been rereading a book I read years ago. Operating Instructions is a memoir written by Anne Lamott (an author so fabulous I named my cat after one of her books) of her son's first year. I really liked it the first time I read it. Now I read it and feel so incredibly grateful for her honesty- all the times she feels like a failure, feels angry with her helpless baby, feels like she just doesn't know what to do, it just helps to know other people feel that way.

So then I decided to get online and see what's new with her and Sam. WHYYYY did I have to come across THIS?????????

I mean, SHIT.

4 comments:

Donna said...

That's pretty awful. I liked the post about Rosie frothing at the mouth better. :o)

Jill said...

that'll never happen in *this* family. we don't fight!!
we just bury all that anger...

Jessica said...

17 year old boys are little shits... it's a scientific fact. The opposite of this is my brother, who is 22 and still living with my parents (without a job no less). My mom says teenage girls, while drama queens, are easier.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

ITA Jessica, why do people think boys are so much easier than girls?

Either way, I've decided, as fussy as she is, I'm going to enjoy her as much as I can while nothing I'm doing permanently messes her up (I just don't believe I have that much influence over her yet, lol).