Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hanging Out

Gracie ADORES the upstairs bathroom. It is her favorite place in the whole wide world. My only guess is that it's because it's bright, white, and warm (the heat really likes to go to that bathroom, it's usually a good five degrees warmer in there than the rest of the house). Every night, we have a ritual. I take her out of the swing, take her upstairs, and we hang out in the bathroom until bedtime. It's usually the only time she'll nurse without needing a bottle to get her started at this point, and last night she nursed and nursed and nursed like it was her favorite thing in the whole wide world. She also jabbers like crazy, cooing and gurgling and squealing, all while sticking out her tongue and smiling and not giggling yet but ohhh she's so close.

And I realized last night that this is mommy love, because there is absolutely nothing I am willing to do simultaneously, and nowhere else in the world I would rather be than lying in the bathroom floor for an hour and a half every night, talking to my baby.

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

Awwww, God love Gracie! That made my heart melt.

Jessica said...

How sweet :)