Friday, February 13, 2009

Is this a JOKE?!

This is a joke, right?

Now that Gracie is essentially giving us full nights of sleep- going to bed at a decent hour, waking twice during the night, briefly just to eat- the *&(#*%&(!*@#& cats are howling for two hours every night?

SERIOUSLY?

Look. These cats are a part of our family. But I am ready to throw them down the sewer. It is one thing to spend two months as a zombie because my baby can't sleep. But now that she's sleeping, the CATS are creating a ruckus?

Jesus Christ in a sidecar.

My aunt has given me permission to give them benadryl at bedtime to make them sleep, and I'll just pray they're not freakshows who get hyper instead of sleeping when they get it because oh my HELL I can't take this.

On an unrelated note, we had a successful pediatrician visit today. Gracie weighs ust over 13 lbs and is 24.5in long, which puts her perfectly proportionally at the 95% for both lenghth and weight. Good girl! Her head is on the 75% because she knows that even though it would be perfectly proportional, I'd still stress if her head was on the 95%. Such a nice baby I have. Also, our pedi uses pentacel for vaccines, which means she only got two shots instead of four, plus oral rotavirus vaccine. She was still exhausted and wrecked after the visit and wouldn't sleep, so we took her for a long walk in the cold, and she is amazingly still asleep in her car seat now that we're home- she hasn't done that for awhile! When she wakes up, she'll be ready for tylenol and bath time.

Also, I talked to my boss about switching to three 12-hour shifts, which will be a pay cut, but mean that I have a whole extra day at home with Gracie. 12 hour shifts are absolutely brutal, but really, I won't see her much more working 10-hour shifts, and this gives me another day at home with her, so it's win-win. I will miss the extra money, for sure, but to be home with her, it's worth it.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am sorry your cats are being stupid. Mine won't use the litterbox to take a dump, and one of mom's has decided to pee on the carpet. I know it's nowhere near the same, but cats are just acting weird now. In addition to our other cat having unexplainable seizures and jumping straight up in the air.

I hope the medication helps! I can't imagine that.

also, yay for one more day with baby!