Friday, February 27, 2009

My little Einstein

Gracie is clearly a genius. In spite of being not quite 3 months old, she has figured out that I am going back to work a week from monday, and has decided to regress to the sleep patterns she followed at seven weeks old. Lots of waking up and staying awake! Nursing at a glacial pace, followed by fits of rage when she's taken off the boob! Needing to be picked up and put down 324234 times before she stops SHRIEKING LIKE A BANSHEE and drifts off to sleep!

I am exhausted. I am absolutely peeing in my pants worrying about going back to work, waking up at 5:30 instead of staying in bed until 8am catching up on the sleep I lost overnight.

I know she's not going to sleep through the night until she leaves for college. I'm not asking for that. I stopped asking for that around the time I stopped asking for a baby that can handle things like sitting on your lap and being social. I just wanted her to go straight back to sleep when she DID wake up, and she was doing that for a few weeks. Then I made the mistake of using the W word in her presence, I guess?

I think she's a genius. Not only does she understand that I'm going back to work, but she is so very brilliant, she's just constantly thinking and processing and working on the formula for cold fusion, and it keeps her from sleeping at night.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yup.... Genius!!

Sorry. Right there with you!

Bobbi said...

Ahhh, to sleep again.... it seems like a dream.